cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 timeline infographics

Is there a newer version of this infographics:

https://community.st.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/44904i6E7E4466B43E7167/image-size/large?v=v2&px=999

?

It was used in the "10 years of STM32" campaign.

If there is no such, can please such infographics be produced? It could accompany a "17 years of STM32" campaign 🙂

Thanks,

JW

14 REPLIES 14
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Hang on a minute:

AndrewNeil_0-1707560246735.png

Surely, that's not true?

I thought Luminary Micro had the first Cortex-M MCU?

ST were the first of the big, established vendors - but not the first in the world?

🤔

Yes, but since Luminary was gulped by TI which does not appear to care a iota about history and timelines and continuity and such "soft" nonsense, I don't think anybody would complain...

JW

But it's still not true for ST to claim to have been the first - they weren't.

Addendum

I also think that Luminary were the first with the idea of integrating the debug probe on the dev board - something which is now pretty much standard practice.

(they did it with the bit-bang features of an FTDI chip, IIRC)

STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @waclawek.jan @Andrew Neil ,

We invite you to register to our biggest Online event each year to check out our Innovations and new products since 2007 - First STM32 . By the way same year a phone is launched and reshaped the world :-).

IMG_6428.jpeg

here is the link https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/events/stm32-summit.html#register-now and we will show similar graphics .

Ciao,

STOne-32

@STOne-32 wrote:

2007 - First STM32

👍

My first STM32 project started in early 2008

WaW - @Andrew Neil your are our early adopter of our STM32 . much appreciated!  Indeed we made a big event at embedded World 2008 in February and I’m quite sure you attended our booth .  Please message me for any help of new Boards . 

I've never (yet) been to Embedded World, but I do still have these slides from an ARM presentation in April 2008:

AndrewNeil_1-1707569890363.png

It was sponsored by either ST or Luminary - I don't recall which - but they're both featured:

AndrewNeil_2-1707570008440.png

And i still have it here :

AScha3_0-1707571487367.png

AScha3_1-1707571551867.png

>15 October 2007 -- STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) today introduced a self-contained, entertaining and very low-cost development package, the STM32 Primer, for the recently-announced STM32 Flash microcontroller family, which is based on the breakthrough ARM® Cortex™-M3 core. It includes an innovative user interface, games, and other features to introduce new users to the family, as well as Raisonance software tools for advanced development and programming.

😎

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".