cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 HRTIM - how to do a digital compensation into the HRTIM

LDENI.1
Associate

I am trying to make a controller with the HRTIM of the STM32G4. Consider that the converter is working in voltage mode. Here is how a voltage mode analog controller works :

0693W00000QNVtgQAH.pngI need to digitalize it. So what is encircled in blue will be placed into the STM32. In particular the compensation has to be done numerically.

I need sometimes to change the output voltage of my converter, so I have to change the duty cycle, which mean to adjust the non inverting input voltage "Vc" to level up or level down the voltage. I want this voltage transition to be very fast.

So what the STM32 does, it changes Vc in one time, passing from the previous value to the next value which it thinks to be the correct one. Nevertheless it rings as there is no compensation.

I could do a compensation in software but It means that I will have to exchange some informations between the HRTIM and the core of the STM32, and it will take computation process and if I am working with a high frequency converter, the STM32 could only do the regulation of my converter and that's sound bad as I want to be cost effective and do some other things with the STM32 other than just do what a controller do for a price which is lower.

So I was thinking that I would be possible to do a sort of compensation into the HRTIM without asking to the core to do the compensation. For example does anyone know if it is possible in the HRTIM to do something like this :

0693W00000QNVuAQAX.png 

Thank you,

0 REPLIES 0