cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 dev kit with DSI and demo software playing video from SD card (ideally using DMA)

Ricko
Senior II

Hi,

couldn't find any STM32 dev kit that has DSI display interface and a demo where it plays video (or at least graphics) directly from SD card using DMA.

Which ST dev kit does that?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ELABI.1
ST Employee

Hello @Ricko ,

We have many dev kit support DSI and SD card like as STM32F469I-Discovery or EVAL, STM32H747I-DISCO or EVAL and STM32F69I-Discovery or EVAL for demo software playing video from SD card i think these examples available in STM32CubeF4 can help you 

• LCD_AnimatedPictureFromSDCard :  This application describes how to display an animated picture on LCD saved under microSD.
  • LCD_DSI_VideoMode_SingleBuffer : This example provides a description of how to use the embedded LCD DSI controller (using IPs LTDC and DSI Host) to drive the KoD LCD mounted on board.
  • LCD_DSI_VideoMode_DoubleBuffering : This example provides a description of how to use the embedded LCD DSI controller (using IPs LTDC and DSI Host) to drive the KoD LCD mounted on board.

For that, I advise you to take a look at these examples and get inspired to configure your own project.

I hope this help you!

Thank you.

Eya

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ELABI.1
ST Employee

Hello @Ricko ,

We have many dev kit support DSI and SD card like as STM32F469I-Discovery or EVAL, STM32H747I-DISCO or EVAL and STM32F69I-Discovery or EVAL for demo software playing video from SD card i think these examples available in STM32CubeF4 can help you 

• LCD_AnimatedPictureFromSDCard :  This application describes how to display an animated picture on LCD saved under microSD.
  • LCD_DSI_VideoMode_SingleBuffer : This example provides a description of how to use the embedded LCD DSI controller (using IPs LTDC and DSI Host) to drive the KoD LCD mounted on board.
  • LCD_DSI_VideoMode_DoubleBuffering : This example provides a description of how to use the embedded LCD DSI controller (using IPs LTDC and DSI Host) to drive the KoD LCD mounted on board.

For that, I advise you to take a look at these examples and get inspired to configure your own project.

I hope this help you!

Thank you.

Eya

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you @ELABI.1