cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static code tools analyzers

SGasp.1
Senior

Hi community..

Which static code tool analyzer do you suggest for stm32 embedded c Projects ?

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9
TDK
Guru

Clang is decent if you spend a little bit of time customizing what you want. It's integrated in with my IDE and has definitely caught some things I wouldn't have noticed right away.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SGasp.1
Senior

Can I use it download it for stm32cube Ide ?

What about misra coding standard ?

TDK
Guru

"eclipse clang plugin" returns promising results.

What about it?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SGasp.1
Senior

Where Can I find to install the clang plugin in stm32 cube ide ?

Thanks

0693W00000GWcSkQAL.png

this is likely the "CppStyle" plugin. It is installable from the eclipse marketplace.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000WZ82FSAT/static-code-analysis-tools-for-c

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Piranha
Chief II

Regardless of tools used, still the best analyzer is a developer's brain. Or at least it should be. As a counter example - the HAL/Cube team uses multiple coding standards, compilers, analyzers and runs a bunch of testing, but still deliver a completely broken bloatware. No tool can compensate developer's incompetence...

Dear Piranha... when you want to work in such sectors (automtotive, medical, aerospace..) running a static code analyzer is mandatory and required

for obtaining the certification.

Developing code is complex and errors can happen.

Staying on the safe side is always suggested .

I use MISRA-C-2004 and MISRA-C-1998. They are part of IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM.