cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRAM Memory information

AGamb.4
Associate III

Good morning,

I am working with the STM32MP1 and the STM32H7 and will make use of the SRAM memories for critical data. For my application and its security I need more information about the memories.

Is there any detailed description or analysis available for the SRAM memories intergrated in the MCU/MPUs of ST? Or the characterization of the memory?

Best regards,

Andrés

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

I fear we did not disclose any details related to our intellectual properties and technology process.

Maybe you could find some general papers on this.

STM32MP15 and STM32H7 families are built on similar 40nm ST process.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @AGamb.4​,

Check these refs:

• STM32H745/755 and STM32H747/757 lines inter-processor communications application note AN5617
  • Managing memory protection unit in STM32 MCUs AN4838 

Hope that helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @AGamb.4​ 

which kind of information you need ?

BKPSRAM and Backup Registers (TAMP) offer security mechanisms to erase in case or tampering tentative.

All devices (including internal memories) are characterized within temperature and voltage specified in product datasheet (e.g. DS12505) and for lifetime as specified in AN5438.

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Danish1
Lead II
AGamb.4
Associate III

Thank you Sarra and Danish, I am looking for more deep knowledge of the memories rather than at application level.

Thanks Patrick, we are trying to add more security to the already provided mechanisms of the processor.

We are studying how we can implement some non-imprinting methods via software applied to the Backup SRAM memory and the Backup Registers. I guess the memories are the same in the STM32MP1 and the STM32H7.

We would need low level detailed information of the memory cells and their read/write logic, for our analysis and determine if this is posible and how. We would like know if you could provide this kind of information.

Kind regards,

Thank you

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

I fear we did not disclose any details related to our intellectual properties and technology process.

Maybe you could find some general papers on this.

STM32MP15 and STM32H7 families are built on similar 40nm ST process.

Regards.

AGamb.4
Associate III

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for your time.

Best regards.