cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI DMA Doesn't work in Nucleo-STM32u575ZITxQ

mohamed.kamal-fathy
Associate II

Hello , 

I have an issue in STM32u575 IN SPI DMA , Even IF I Tried the Example code (/SPI_FullDuplex_ComDMA_Master) 

there is no data received from the other side  iam using the aardvark to test it 

when check the return of this function 

HAL_SPI_GetState(&hspi1);

will be : HAL_SPI_STATE_BUSY_TX 

I tried all steps and Do the same in another project every Time I faced this issue even if using the Linked - list  mode or stander request mode 

I receive the same issue with no data may please support in this point ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

> SO please Advice what can I do ?

Run the code in debug mode, wait a few seconds, hit pause, see where execution is at.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

Most of the examples work without issue. If you run the example without changing anything, where does the code end up? Do the LEDs toggle as expected? There are two STM32u575 boards, are you using the correct example? Be detailed.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello , 

Thank you for your replay 

The example code doesn't send any data to the slave when put this line in example 

HAL_SPI_StateTypeDef test = HAL_SPI_GetState(&hspi1);  

To check the status it is stuck in HAL_SPI_STATE_BUSY_TX  , I don't know why each time stuck on it even if the I2c is working with DMA as Example but  SPI Not . SO please Advice what can I do ?

> SO please Advice what can I do ?

Run the code in debug mode, wait a few seconds, hit pause, see where execution is at.

Christian N
ST Employee
This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance. We'll contact you directly.
mohamed.kamal-fathy
Associate II

Hello , 

Finally the example code is working fine but when trying the same steps in my project the function 

HAL_SPI_TxRxCpltCallback(SPI_HandleTypeDef *hspi) 

doesn't call any more it means data stuck and never translate may set some points to check maybe Couse this issue please ? 

mohamed.kamal-fathy
Associate II

Hello Again , 

Thank you for Your effort I found the issue in software as priority  issue there is a lot of tasks and so on that make interrupt does not come so I will solve my project thank you for that