cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding best suitable STM microcontroller

ShreyaM
Associate

We are working on making a personal gateway, where we are looking to send data from 10/15 sensors over cloud. We are using Telit evaluation board for 5G connectivity to cloud. We are looking for a microcontroller that can take up the the data from these sensors via BLE, accumulate it and send it to Telit board using any interface (UART/SPI etc).

Can you suggest a suitable STM microcontroller capable of connecting to 10/15 BLE channels at the same time? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Not sure, how many BLE connection do you currently have connecting to an MCU? Is it something that can be handled by an MCU with BLE Stack, or you need 15 UARTs? Perhaps you can decompose into multiple MCU handling 5 UARTs, and then consolidate them into a single packet stream to your TELIT back end.

How much have you currently got working?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I am looking for an MCU that can handle 10/15 BLE connections simultaneously and then further pass on the accumulated data via interface to TELIT

Yeah, you basically restating your original query.

Do you have any code/hardware currently working that might inform your decisions/choices?

Where did you pull the requirements? What's the application?

Define "BLE connection". Number of pairings?

Yeah, I'm trying to gauge if this concurrency is something that can be handled within the stack or on a singular STM32WB or multiple, and what exactly is being consolidated. 

So use case / example application might help. ie getting heart-rates from multiple gym members in a session? Used parking spots in a car park? Smart meters?

Some of the TELIT modems have deviceWise, or can run C / PYTHON