cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"warning: L6314W: No section matches pattern EventRecorder.o(ZI)." -when adding event recorder to Keil project with RTX5 implemented.

Pvon .1
Associate II

Hi STcom.

I have a project with the ST32L476-MCU, developed with RTX5 and the CMSIS RTOS2 on top.

I want to implement the Event Recorder, and have followed this link, but as I try to build I get a warning, as stated in this question's title.

I've confirmed that:

• my scatter-file looks good
  • my Memory assignment looks good in "Options for Component Class 'Compiler'"
  • the "RAM for Algorithm" is assigned correct under "Options for Target 'Release'"

I've tried:

• different memory allocations for IRAM1 and IRAM2
  • different sizes for IRAM1 and IRAM2
  • different relations between IRAM1 and IRAM2 (because the MemMap from the RM [p. 76] said that SRAM2 has a starting address = 0x10000000)
  • to unlink the Target Dialog box with the scatter file, by unchecking the "Use Memory Layout from Target Dialog" in "Options for Target 'Release'"

Nothing seems to clear the warning.

The only way for me to get rid of the warning, is to set the Memory Assignment for Zero Initialized Data for the Event Recorder under "Options for Component Class 'Compiler'" to <default>, but this is not a solution to the problem, as the memory wont be assigned to the new allocated IRAM2 of course.

My feeling is that the issue is related to the MCU, but it could be with Keil as well.

Thanks in advance.

0693W000007C04PQAS.png0693W000007C02BQAS.png0693W000007C04yQAC.png0693W000007C05DQAS.png

5 REPLIES 5

Well if no data meets the criterion you'll get that message unless you suppress that warning in the linker tab.

I'd probably suppress and add a *.o (.uninit, .uninit.*) line to the scatter file and not have the tools regenerate in every time.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pvon .1
Associate II

Hi Tesla,

I just don't understand why no section would match the address I've set for the EventRecorder? I've tried to use the space for SRAM2 according to the ref. manual (0x10000000), and I've tried to reduce the size for IRAM1, and use that space to IRAM2 instead, but no matter what, I'll get the warning that the section doesn't match the EvenRecorder??

I ran into this exact issue after upgrading Keil MDK/uVision from v5.31 to v5.37.

Does your build output window show this line:

Note: source file 'C:/Keil_v5/Packs/Keil/ARM_Compiler/1.7.2/Source/EventRecorder.c' - object file renamed from '.\Objects\EventRecorder.o' to '.\Objects\eventrecorder_1.o'.

In order to explicitly place any renamed object, I used a wildcard matcher by specifying "EventRecorder*.o (+ZI)" in the scatter file.

Hi TCoop,

I'm not working on that project any longer, so I can't check for the build window.

Thanks for your reply though.

magnetron
Associate II

Uncheck "Link time optimization"