cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to execute MI command.... Load failed ... LTDC_Paint.elf" , see also attachment. Which configuration did I miss?

pk84
Senior

0693W00000Sv0aoQAB.jpgI bought the STM32H750B Discovery and wanted to program a first example "LTDC Paint" on the demo to start.

I am using the STM32Cube IDE version 1.9 (default installation, no changes made).

Procedure:

- File -> New -> STM32 Project -> Examples -> select the Discovery Board -> select the LTDC Paint example -> Run LTDC Paint 

Then I get the following error message, see attachment:

"Failed to execute MI command.... Load failed ... LTDC_Paint.elf"

Which configuration did I miss?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @pk84​ 

First let me thank you for having reported.

In fact I could reproduce the issue you have encountered.

And after further analysis I observed that the used example in this case use an external memory.

In this case you should set the Debug configuration in the CubeIDE to accommodate this.

• Go to the Debug Configuration

0693W00000SvBFrQAN.png 

• Click on "SCAN" button and select the adequate external loader for the "MT25TL01G_STM32H750B-DISCO, 0x90000000, NOR_FLASH, MT25TL01G_STM32H750B-DISCO.stldr"

0693W00000SvBDDQA3.png 

Feel free to repost about the efficacity of this solution.

Your feedback will be very helpful.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pk84
Senior

I would appreciate any little hint/tip?

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @pk84​ 

First let me thank you for having reported.

In fact I could reproduce the issue you have encountered.

And after further analysis I observed that the used example in this case use an external memory.

In this case you should set the Debug configuration in the CubeIDE to accommodate this.

• Go to the Debug Configuration

0693W00000SvBFrQAN.png 

• Click on "SCAN" button and select the adequate external loader for the "MT25TL01G_STM32H750B-DISCO, 0x90000000, NOR_FLASH, MT25TL01G_STM32H750B-DISCO.stldr"

0693W00000SvBDDQA3.png 

Feel free to repost about the efficacity of this solution.

Your feedback will be very helpful.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks, I will try this solution as soon as possible.

Still one question:

1) What if I want change the pin-configuration of the connected QSPI-Flash (in case of a customized board) ? Where can I do this? I ask because there is no QSPI driver file in the LTDC example.

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @pk84​ 

My bad I forgot to mention this part in my reply.

In fact since the example project is stored and executed from external memory you need to flash the "ExtMem_Boot".

The boot project take care of the init of the QSPI interface.

The boot project could be found under "STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.10.0\Projects\STM32H750B-DK\Templates".

Import the "ExtMem_Boot" to CubeIDE and build it.

Go to the debug configuration for the LTDC Paint example project and under [Startup] add the download of the ExtMem_Boot" binary. (check screenshot bellow)

0693W00000SvTpiQAF.png 

Kind regards,

Semer.

arunoday
Associate II

I am facing same issue but In my application external loader option is not showing , how to resolve this issue .Capture.PNG