cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming alternatives of the STM32H750VB

Yevpator
Associate III

Hello,

I would like to ask a question further to my recent one about the Value Line STM32H750 3 weeks ago or so.

The chip has 128KB Flash and 1MB RAM.

Assume my program is bigger than 128k and I decide to use NOR Flash as a storage and to run from the RAM.

1. Programming of STM32H7 in production

One method how to do that in the production is to use the H7 Embedded Bootloader to program in the 128kb Flash my Bootloader. So I will have 2 Bootloaders. My BT will communicate with my PC application , which I will have to write, and then program the NOR Flash with the program. Upon reset the BL will read the Serial Flash and load it to the RAM and then jump to the RAM to run from there.

This will work, but needs some time to ​implement that, while I'm in hurry. Is there yet another method how to do that using SWD only? I got an impression that ST Link & CubeMX Programmer can do that, but not sure if it works only if the NOR Flash is connected in the XIP mode?

2. I see the RAM is fragmented sitting on the different buses, so is that better to try to place my program in one certain sector.

3. While running from RAM what would you suggest to consider or to pay attention to ?

T​hank you!

1 REPLY 1
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

Regarding 1: see e. g.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AYqCXtSQN/how-to-external-qspi-nor-flash-download-image

During programming the QSPI interface has to be in indirect read/write mode or (for the bitbanging method) to be disabled. After programming (and after every target reset), configure the QSPI to memory mapped mode. That's it.