cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of program using qspi mt25qL128 with octospi STM32H735VGT

PUN CHEE HUEY
Associate II

Hi All,

I have a custom board with STM32735VGT(this mcu is with 1=quad SPI but using the register octpspi). I am using the micro mt25qL128 NOR flash.

I am using the 1-1-1(1 bit instruction, 1 but data) for read and configure the registers, erase

I am using the 1-4-4(1 bit instruction, 4 bits address and data) for read and program.

All read registers, configure registers and erase is working fine.

Using 1-4-4 to read the flash is working fine too.

But when using program flash, the status is ok. I can see WIP and ready bit is correctly changed. But the flag status register read back is 144=0x90. Bit7 means ready. But bit4=1 shows it has failure and protect error or crc error.

Please help.

12 REPLIES 12
PUN CHEE HUEY
Associate II

I am using external power supply to provide 3.3v (it  was 3.5 or more) to the custom board . will it damage the flash ?

PUN CHEE HUEY
Associate II

How to re-open the discussion as the solution is still not known ?

Hello @PUN CHEE HUEY ,

Could you please respect the power conditions for a safe function else the MCU may be damaged. 

• The VDD = 1.62 to 3.6 V: external power supply for I/Os, provided externally through VDD pins.
  • VDDX - VSS max =  4.0 V

For that I advise you to check all power condition in the product datasheet.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.