cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTP size for STM32F746XX

grmpyc8
Associate

0693W00000WHcdNQAT.pngI found a strange mismatch in the reference manual for the OTP memory size:

Accordingly to the manual page 78 (https://www.st.com/resource/en/reference_manual/rm0385-stm32f75xxx-and-stm32f74xxx-advanced-armbased-32bit-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf) the start-address of the OTP memory begins at `0x1FF0 F000` and ends at address: `0x1FF0 F41F` (in AXIM mode) and is declared as a memory area with the size of 1024 bytes.

But if I calculate `0x1FF0F41F - 0x1FF0F000 + 1` I get a total of 1056 bytes OTP memory?!

Is this a typo in the manual or is my calculation wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Piranha
Chief II

The "sector size" seems to show how many useful bytes there are (1024), not the whole address range (1056). But then for option bytes there are just 8 useful bytes, laid out like 16 bytes of registers and taking 32 bytes of address range. And for system memory 60 KB is just rounded value. More consistency would be nice.

Also the title of the "Bloc base address on AXIM interface" column has a spelling error - should be "Block". And it's not only the base address, but an address range.

Most likely the same is true for other reference manuals.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

RM0385, section 3.6.

Piranha
Chief II

The "sector size" seems to show how many useful bytes there are (1024), not the whole address range (1056). But then for option bytes there are just 8 useful bytes, laid out like 16 bytes of registers and taking 32 bytes of address range. And for system memory 60 KB is just rounded value. More consistency would be nice.

Also the title of the "Bloc base address on AXIM interface" column has a spelling error - should be "Block". And it's not only the base address, but an address range.

Most likely the same is true for other reference manuals.

grmpyc8
Associate

Thank you very much for the quick help!