cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-F446RE cannot enter into debug mode in CubeIDE

TTong.3
Associate II

Hi guys, I am using Nucleo-F446RE board in cubeide (version 1.12.1), with basically every step was by defalut when I created new project, a problem occured when I tried to debug, as it showed " Error finishing flash operation " , anyone got any ideas? Thanks
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkG2IQAU.png

8 REPLIES 8
KnarfB
Principal III

Did it happen after your prog. crashed? If so, try rebooting. Sometimes old processes are still active after a crash.hth

KnarfB

TTong.3
Associate II

Hi, it is a brand new dev board which I just unpacked, so I guess maybe there is no old processes or prog. in there? And is it related to the debugger probe? as by defalut degugger uses ST-LINK GDB sever. And most of the tutorials on youtube skip this debug configurarion by defalut, so I am a little bit confused about that.

Hi, it is a brand new dev board which I just unpacked, so I guess maybe there is no old processes or prog. in there? And is it related to the debugger probe? as by defalut degugger uses ST-LINK GDB sever. And most of the tutorials on youtube skip this debug configurarion by defalut, so I am a little bit confused about that.

ONadr.1
Senior III

Connect the board to the CubeProgrammer and look at the OptionBytes (OB) setting, if there isnt a limitation of writing to Flash or disable debug. I would also recommend upgrading the FW in ST-Link.

No, I meant processes on the PC related to the debugger (gdb).

Hi, I have updated firmware version to V2J42M27, and in CubeProgrammer, when I tried to erase full chip flash memory, it has error saying "Mass erase operation failed. Please verify flash protection", whereas in OB, all the boxes for write protection are checked ,meaning protection are not active.
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkGl8QAE.png

Ah. I just restart the laptop, still not working.😅

ONadr.1
Senior III

Try do it under reset.