cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not entering to sleep mode immediatly after Programming STM32 controller using STlink programmer

darshan-ltts
Associate II

I am working with STM32 U575/U5A5 and L4 series of STM32 controllers in low power mode. I have programmed the controller to wake for every 10s and blink LED. This issue what we observed is once  immediately flashing hex file to controller using STlink programmer, Controller is not entering in sleep mode LED will be keep on blinking. If I remove the power and connect it back, Controller is entering sleep mode and waking up for every 10s as expected.

we have reseted the controller using Reset button, but still controller is not entering to sleep mode.

The question here is why Controller requires  power on reset to enter power saving mode after flashing hex file to controller using STlink programmer?

27 REPLIES 27

I definitely want to know the reason. 

I can suggest one thing. 

Create a simple program for 5s sleep and 5s wake.. even Led also can be toggle. Build the code and take a bin or hex file.

Flash the code using cube programmer and check the behaviour.

Or let me know your dev board. I can create a bin file for you.

Your problem description lacks info. For production is more flex CLI version of cubeprogrammer and use switch to run code. Try 

"C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe" -c port=SWD mode=UR -rdu -d yourfile.hex -v -g

I can try using this CLI command. But I really surprised this nobody understands the issue. 

@darshan-ltts wrote:

I really surprised this nobody understands the issue. 

That's because we know nothing about your project, your system, your software and your hardware. We have no access to see what's going on, or to probe, test, and investigate.

The only thing we can do is to ask you questions - if you don't provide clear, complete, and detailed replies then we remain completely in the dark!

Ok.. then let me know what you understood.

I've asked you: have you tried this in the debugger to see  what's happening?

MM..1
Chief II

@darshan-ltts wrote:

The question here is why Controller requires  power on reset to enter power saving mode after flashing hex file to controller using STlink programmer?

This isnt question, this is knowledge. Learn how states after flashing hex with different sw exist. I know around more as 10 variants... 

Exactly.I need to understand this part after flashing the hex file.