cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my Nucleo-H755ZI-Q is not programming.

Studentjuan
Visitor

I'm new to microcontrollers. I bought a Nucleo-H755ZI-Q, I connect it to my PC, I make a simple program like turning on and off a LED but the card doesn't do it. I don't know if I have to make any adjustments because it's new.

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of microcontrollers!

Do you have any experience with programming in general ?

@Studentjuan wrote:

I bought a Nucleo-H755ZI-Q, 

That's a mighty complex board to start with!

It might make more sense to start with something simpler?

@Studentjuan wrote:

I connect it to my PC, I make a simple program like turning on and off a LED but the card doesn't do it.

You need to give more details - how do you know that the problem is that the board is not programming?

https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/how-to-write-your-question-to-maximize-your-chances-to-find-a/tac-p/708193

Studentjuan
Visitor

He programmed on a single-core f411. But nothing too complex. I bought that one because it's the best and I don't have the possibility of starting with another one because I'm from Colombia and I don't have the capacity or the resources for another micro.

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @Studentjuan and welcome to the community,

@Studentjuan wrote:

I'm new to microcontrollers. 

As you are new in the microcontrollers world, I don't want to discourage you but it's a bit tricky to start with a such complex MCU architecture (Dual Core, Cache, three bus matrices AXI+AHB etc ..). You may need to start with a less complex MCU architecture such as STM32F401 then move on to other more complex MCUs.

Anyway if you need a very simple project using GPIO, I may suggest this example from Github:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/tree/master/Projects/NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q/Examples/GPIO/GPIO_EXTI

PS: This example is compatible with the Nucleo-H755ZI board.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.