cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microcontroller Selection for an custom ECU and DAQ board

hvs_learn
Associate

Hi, 

I will be using the suggested IC as the IC for my custom ECU PCB taking in inputs like acceleration pedal travel,brake pedal travel, etc and feed it to the motor controller, it will also serve as a data acquisition system with either in-built telemetry or another telemetry pcb(you can suggest another IC for this also) with direct access to it. The IC suggested should also have nucleo board for the same so that I can familiarize myself with the coding part too. Can you guys suggest me an IC that satisfies most of the demands I have if not all of them?

1 REPLY 1

Instead of looking for a processor that can handle the reasonably easy tasks of pedal position etc. you should probably be looking for a processor that can track the engine position. The coordination of the crank and cam signals and scheduling of spark and injection is, by far, a more complex task than reading an ADC to get slowly changing analog values.

ST, along with NXP, make a line of processors that handle this segment (SPC5). Not only are those processors temperature rated for automotive use, but also designed for these safety critical installations.

You COULD use an STM32 for the task, but you'll quickly run out of timers. Others, like MegaSquirt, have used non-automotive targeted processors and, with enough work, you can too.