cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory mapped mode write sizes for PSRAM APS6408L on B-U858I-IOT02A Discovery Kit

rikeshshakya
Associate III

@Alex - APMemory I am trying interface APS6408L on the B-U858I-IOT02A Discovery Kit in OSPI DTR memory mapped mode for both read and writes. The datasheet for APS6408L mentions that the page size for it is 1Kb. 

In the memory mapped mode, is it possible to write in a chunk greater than 1Kb for the RAM? I am read this for the memory in the datasheet, 

"Burst Type & Length
Read and write operations are default Hybrid Wrap 32 mode. Other burst lengths of 16, 32, 64 or 1K bytes in
standard or Hybrid wrap modes are register configurable(see Table 20). The device also includes command for
Linear Bursting. Bursts can start on any even address. Write burst length has a minimum of 2 bytes. Read has no
minimum length. Both write and read have no restriction on maximum burst length as long as tCEM is met."

I am using memcpy for writing the data in the memory mapped mode. My question is, is it possible to write in blocks greater than 1Kb for this memory?

-Rikesh

20 REPLIES 20

To your question: 

1. I was assuming that the maximum write burst length of 1024 is only applicable for linear burst write(A0h). Is this true for sync Write(command 80h) as well      =>Yes, the operating is allowed.
  1. Does the maximum write burst length limitation of 1Kb apply to all the write modes, both indirect and memory mapped modes?   => Yes, it’s correct.

Alex