cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU Programmer Adaptor

bngstskn
Associate III

I am using STM32F302R6T6 MCU. I'm making a board. I will communicate with the MCUs via the I2C protocol. I am designing a card with a Master-Slave structure. Can I program the MCU if I add SDA, SCL, +5V, and GND pins to the board and connect them to the relevant pins of the MCU? Is it a problem? Or do I need to purchase a Programmer Adapter? The programmer adapter is not useful as I will be coding a lot of boards. And I use an NTC sensor. I will also add the necessary pins for the NTC sensor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Programming over SWD using a supported programming adapter such as STLINK-V3MINIE is the best method. You can also use the bootloader as described in AN2606, but will have limited insight into the chip should debugging be necessary.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bngstskn
Associate III

And additionally I will add the necessary ST-link pins to connect the computer

Touby
Associate II

Hello bngstskn

I have found the following tutorial:
https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an4045-stm32f3-series-inapplication-programming-iap-using-the-usart-stmicroelectronics.pdf

However, in the reference manual from your MCU there is the following remark (under 4.2.3): "In contrast to the ICP method, the In-Application Programming (IAP) can use any
communication interface supported by the microcontroller (I/Os, USB, CAN, UART, I2C, SPI, etc.) to load programming data into memory. IAP allows the user to reprogram the flash memory while the application is running. However, part of the application must have been previously programmed into flash memory using ICP."

I would say you still need an ICP, such as an ST-LINK/V2. You could build an adapter and put your favorite connector for it on the board. I take for example this connector and made an adapter for it. With it you are very fast in programming.
https://www.reichelt.de/ch/de/jst-stiftleiste-gerade-1x5-polig-xh-jst-xh5p-st-p185076.html?&nbc=1

Greetings Touby

Hi Touby,

I will take into account what you say,

Thank you. 

TDK
Guru

Programming over SWD using a supported programming adapter such as STLINK-V3MINIE is the best method. You can also use the bootloader as described in AN2606, but will have limited insight into the chip should debugging be necessary.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".