cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum analog output voltage from STM32H723ZG

ECiot.1
Associate II

Hi, which is the maximum analog output voltage from the STM32H723ZG? In the datasheet I saw that there are two Op-Amp inside the MCU with gain from 2 to 16. How can I use this Op-Amp? I have to do something about the hardware or I have just to write some code? 

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

There are three pins that act as the inputs/output for the op-amp. You have to connect your signals to those pins and use code to configure the OP-Amp as you choose. CubeMX can help with this.

The output is specified as "rail to rail" which in reality typically means a couple mV off from 0-VDDA.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Then if I connect the analog output of the micro to the Op-Amp input can I generate a voltage from 0 to 2*Vdda if for example I set the gain of the Op-Amp to 2? Can I do this thing in the interno of micro by software or I have to do an external connection? My need is to generate a controlled analog voltage from 0 to 5 V. 

You can't generate 2*VDDA as the output range is 0-VDDA.

> My need is to generate a controlled analog voltage from 0 to 5 V. 

You'll need an external opamp.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

0-Vdda is the maximum range also for MCU integrated Op-Amp and not only for the analog output? 

Yes