cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost debug messages from LORA WAM STM32WL device

markpow
Associate III

I lost debug messages from my LoraWAN end device. I made some changes using MX on my project, and this way, I lost debug messages displayed on a serial wire monitor (for example, on Arduino serial monitor). I think it was the cause of this problem. No, I see that red and blue LEDs stopped blinking. Usually, red links when a concentrator doesn't accept a join, and blue blinks when sending messages).
I checked the settings responsible for logging and debugging, and I see that they have the right values:

markpow_0-1703241149646.png

Is there anybody who can explain how to revert my end device to its former state?

10 REPLIES 10
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @markpow 

Can you try to mass erase your board using CubePragrammer and upload the firmware again. If the issue persists, add your .ioc file here and give more details about the changes you've made on the example.

PS: make sure to use the last version of the tools (CubeMX V6.10.0 & CubeIDE V1.14.0) and the firmware (STM32CubeWL V1.3.0).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes, I have the latest version of MX, WL and IDE. I will try your suggestions.

What do you mean "upload the firmware again" in the contex of usage of CubeProgrammer?

Use CubeProgrammer for the mass erase and CubeIDE as to upload your code to the board.

Best Regards

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

markpow
Associate III

markpow_0-1703249315305.png

I usually only upload .hex code to the board using Cube Programmer. 

Do you mean this erase as in the picture above?

Yes.

After that, upload your code to the MCU.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

markpow
Associate III

Nothing changed.

End device sends up messages to the concentrator as below:

markpow_0-1703250707872.png

But there are no debug messages on the serial monitor.

markpow_1-1703250805427.png

A few days ago, I saw debug messages from Lora WAN the end device.

Can you add your.ioc file and give a description on what exactly have you changed?

Best Regards

STTwo-32 

I added only I2C and edited Join EUI. I can't edit DevEUI. I added .ioc file as an attachment.
I didn't change AppKey, NWKey and device address.
The device address and DevEUI I left filled with zeros.

markpow
Associate III

I think the device behaves as it was in the low power mode. Hoewer settings in the .ioc file show that the board shouldn't be in this state.