cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 with capsense support and ethernet available?

petervg
Associate

I've taken a look at AN5105 (Getting started with touch sensing control on STM32 microcontrollers) where they present a list with microcontrollers that support capsense:

STM32F0 series
STM32F3 series
STM32L0 series
STM32L1 series
STM32L4 series
STM32L4+ series
STM32L5 series
STM32U5 series
STM32WB series
STM32WBA serie

I've been looking at the product selector pages to see which one of these would support ethernet, but as far as I can see none of them do? Am I overlooking something here?

We're now using a cypress PSoC1 for capsense and an NXP M3 mcu for ethernet connectivity and we wanted to merge them into 1. I'm not that familiar yet with the STM32 product portofolio but the devtools seem to work very well.

With kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @petervg and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you to use the ST-MCU-FINDER-PC that allows you to find the MCU, MPU and development board part number that best fits your application by means of an easy search with multiple criteria including core type, CPU frequency, memory, package, I/Os, temperature grade and peripherals such as control, timers, analog, connectivity, multimedia, ....

Best regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @petervg and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you to use the ST-MCU-FINDER-PC that allows you to find the MCU, MPU and development board part number that best fits your application by means of an easy search with multiple criteria including core type, CPU frequency, memory, package, I/Os, temperature grade and peripherals such as control, timers, analog, connectivity, multimedia, ....

Best regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

petervg
Associate

Hi STTwo032,

thanks for the quick reply! Much appreciated!

The ST-MCU-FINDER tool seems to be the seem tool already integrated in CubeMX. I also used the finder tool now to select the range of MCU's that support capsense, but as soon as I have those, the tool also confirms ethernet is not available (slided remains at 0 as there is not other option).

So I'm afraid this is consistent with what I found on the website...

Just one other remark: I saw in that neither the MCU finder or the cubemx has a tockbox for selecting "capsense". Not a big deal as I was able to extract the list of supported MCU's from AN5105, but it could maybe help other users if this could be selected in the tools.

With kind regards