cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning resources provided by STM

Digital101
Associate II

This question is geared towards the STM32 Online Training that STM provides on their website here: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/support/learning/stm32-education/stm32-online-training.html

I have an STM32 NUCLEO-F411RE board and I wasn't sure under which category that board falls under.

My initial assumption was to follow the 'STM32F7' module, but that has a Cortex-M7 core vs the Cortex-M4 core.

So the big question is that does STM provide the same 'Online Training' modules for the STM32-F411RE Nucleo board?

Or should I just follow the STM32F7 training since it falls under the same board 'family'?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Digital101​ ,

May be dedicated online trainings for STM32L4 will be more suitable as both of them are based on Cortex-M4.

One more helpful content to get started with STM32 is the wiki content.

I suggest you to follow the step by step tutorials.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Digital101​ ,

May be dedicated online trainings for STM32L4 will be more suitable as both of them are based on Cortex-M4.

One more helpful content to get started with STM32 is the wiki content.

I suggest you to follow the step by step tutorials.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Micro-controllers are generally more the same than they are different.

The HAL level programming has a high degree of consistency between STM32 families.

Would suggest reviewing all the code examples from your board, and related ones, provided in the CubeF4 repository

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..