cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when configuring PA0 as input on STM32F030K6T6

JGreg.2
Associate III

Hello,

On a pcb on which there is the STM32F030K6T6, I am facing a strange issue.

First, the context is that I am using different timers, interruptions, DMA, UART, analog inputs and digital outputs (PWM, ON/OFF signals).

2 of the i/o's are concerned by the issue:

• PA0, which is directly connected to GND, as others i/o.
  • PB3, which is digital output (high level or low level). This output is connected at the top of a voltage divider whose the output drives the input current of a bipolar transistor. The maximum current driven from PB3 is 500uA.

When I am configuring the PA0 as input, with no pulling, the PB3 output can't be drive and remain low even if I order to go to high level. Other functionnalities seem to work fine, the only issue is the PB3 output and this thing happens to only 2 of my 8 prototypes ! The 6 others works fine even with this configuration.

When I am configuring the PA0 as output, push-pull type, it all works perfectly, even for the 2 which weren't working.

That thing doesn't make sense to me at all !

Is there something I am missing with the PA0 configuration as input ? maybe related to other peripherals configuration, i/o drive, etc as something as I souldn't configure it this way because I am already using something, somewhere ?

Thank you in advance,

10 REPLIES 10

In the problematic state, read out and check/post content of relevant GPIO registers.

JW