cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Connect an STM32H745ZI-Q(after configuring the CAN Engine) to a CAN Bus operated at 24 Volts?

KA
Associate II

Hello ST Community and Experts,

I have an STM32STM32H745ZI and i have programmed it to send and receive some CAN messages from an other STM32 F446RE Nucleo Board. I would like to know if i can use STM32STM32H745ZI to connect to a different CAN Busnoperated at 24 Volts? I was unable to find the details in the technical specification regarding the above point.

Thanks

Krishna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The CAN bus itself is not operated at 24V, but is using voltage levels below 5V, as you can read e.g. in the Wikipedia article. Please check the datasheet of your CAN transceivers to ensure that they can withstand this voltage on their data lines.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The CAN bus itself is not operated at 24V, but is using voltage levels below 5V, as you can read e.g. in the Wikipedia article. Please check the datasheet of your CAN transceivers to ensure that they can withstand this voltage on their data lines.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
KA
Associate II

Sorry for the late response. Thank you for the Answer @Peter BENSCH​