cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is EEPROM Emulation concept will support STM32L010F4P6 Controller?If Yes, how to configure and use for my project.If No, suggest any alternate solution.Thanks,Nikhil

NAdim.1
Associate II

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Why do you want to emulate EEPROM on the STM32L010F4 when it has 128 Bytes real EEPROM?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The current controller (STM32F070F6P6) we are using eeprom emulation concept for our project. Due to controller unavailability, we changed the controller to (STM32L010F4P6).

In the new controller we don't want to change any program and all. So, we wanted it like same behavior.

So, kindly clarify that STM32L010F4P6 controller will support eeprom emulation concept.

If support, send any link related for that.

Please forgive me, but I am just trying to grasp and understand your requirements.

The purpose of EEPROM emulation in flash is to emulate non-existent EEPROM in flash and to do two things:

• Byte-wise write access
  • achieving a sufficient number of write cycles to at least get in the direction of real EEPROM

Both are already possible with the STM32L0, as they are completely based on EEPROM. In addition, an EEPROM emulation requires a multiple of flash memory compared to the necessary EEPROM size to raise the write cycle number mentioned.

Emulating EEPROM in real EEPROM is like building a railway car substitute under a car with rubber tyres so you can drive on rails.

If you can't buy the car with rubber tyres anymore, but you can buy railway cars, you build the railway car on top of the railway car substitute.

Does that really make sense?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.