cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using an NUCLEO-F429Zi to read a sensor over I2C. The application works correct. When the ST-Link is removed (cut away) from the board, the I2C connectivity fails. Any idea how to prevent this?

ISant.1
Associate II

I am using an NUCLEO-F429Zi to read a MPU over I2C ( 2C1, PB8, PB9). The applications works correct. The sensor returns the correct values. When the ST-Link is removed (cut away) from the board, the power supply Vin , the I2C connectivity fails. It is still possible to program the board and to set and toggle the I2C pins (PB(, PB9).

5 REPLIES 5
SSone.1
Associate III

If you are using external clock as a clock source, as I know there is no crystal in nucleo boards and external clock comes from st-link. So if you cut the st-link connection clock source goes away too. I am not sure too, It doesn't hurt if you just try to use internal clock.

Make sure it isn't reliant on HSE

Output diagnostics via USART or other means

Check there aren't any timing, or clock/pin settings, that are altered by the ST-LINK

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ISant.1
Associate II

Thank you for the answers ! The problem was as you said. A crystal on the board solved the problem.

Thank you for the answers ! The problem was as you said. A crystal on the board solved the problem.