cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see Flash Memory usage by sector wise of STM32F413ZHT6 in STM32CubeIDE?

BG.3
Associate III

Hi there,

We are using STM32F413ZHT6 based custom board. In which, I want to see the Flash memory usage by sector wise. But couldn't find the exact way. Using Build Analyzer of STM32CubeIDE, I could see the overall Flash memory usage. But wanted for sector wise.

For Example, Considering memory region starts from 0x08140000 to 0x0815FFFF as a sector of 128KB Total size. Is there any way to look for this specified sector usage? Please help me!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

The sections of memory are defined in the linker file. GCC doesn't really support splitting up data automatically between sections, rather they are defined as one large section and it's filled starting from the beginning. The "Build Analyzer" pulls its data from these linker section definitions.

So if your FLASH usage is less than 0x140000, that sector will be completely clear. You could verify by looking at location 0x08140000 in the resulting ELF/HEX file using STM32CubeProgrammer.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

The sections of memory are defined in the linker file. GCC doesn't really support splitting up data automatically between sections, rather they are defined as one large section and it's filled starting from the beginning. The "Build Analyzer" pulls its data from these linker section definitions.

So if your FLASH usage is less than 0x140000, that sector will be completely clear. You could verify by looking at location 0x08140000 in the resulting ELF/HEX file using STM32CubeProgrammer.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".