cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove CubeMX common source files from Keil project for STM32H5

WCarey
Associate III

Hi,

I'm creating a Keil project (uVision V5.36.0.0) for a STM32H563ZITx target using the reference https://developer.arm.com/documentation/ka003120/latest/

After choosing STM32CubeMX under Run time Environment settings and generating the gdsc file from CubeMX and pasting it manually where the Keil project requires it to be present, I see that the project now has 'STM32CubeMX:Common Sources' section.

stm_h5.png

I want to delete main.c from Common sources and use my own source file but I am unable to delete the files under this group. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Exclude the unwanted main.c from build. Add your own file that contains main() function somewhere.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RBein.1
Associate III

I would benefit from the answer to this question a lot as well.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Exclude the unwanted main.c from build. Add your own file that contains main() function somewhere.

Thanks. But I want to remove the .ioc file too. Actually, I would like to know the purpose of that file.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Purpose of the .ioc file?  Hmm...  Yes you can just remove it. The Keil IDE won't mind.

Keil (.36.0.0) does not allow to delete STMCubeMX:Common sources group or its members. So I excluded the main.c from the build and put a dummy .ioc file.

Thanks for your response.