cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash STM32U5( B-U585I-IOT02A ) with web server demonstration.

radeshsharma
Associate II

Hello Community,

I've B-U585I-IOT02A. I got this with pre installed web-server with react client. Whenever I was connecting it with terminal like tera term or minicom. It ask for configuring the wifi after successful configuration, it start the simple website at local wifi ip and show the graphs for sensors data.

I was trying to find how we can read data of sensor from the Board for that I go through STM32CubeIDE. I generated the code for board with model name B-U585I-IOT02A . I click on build and run it ask to connect st link. I connect the board B-U585I-IOT02A . It shows the logs successfully downloaded and verified.

After this when Now I'm connecting the board using st link to terminal like tera term or minicom. It doesn't seems to work. I try to flash it with webserver firmware using tutorial available on :

https://medium.com/@vimalkumar.parthasarathy/demonstration-of-web-server-using-mxchip-wi-fi-module-in-stm32u5-b-u585i-iot02a-evaluation-board-7c7047a3412b

But after flashing as shown in this tutorial still board doesn't seems to be working or not flashed.

Any one can provide me clear steps to flash B-U585I-IOT02A with web server firmware.

Thanks in advance for you valuable answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
radeshsharma
Associate II

Hello @Mohamed Aymen HZAMI​ ,

Thanks for your response, I also got to know about this after searching more on internet, but after your answer it's clear everything.

Let me repeat this for community. If any one facing issue like me or not able to run demonstration STM32U5.

STEPS TO FLASH STM32U5 FOR DEMONSTRATION OF WEB SERVER

1. You need to download STM32U5 Firmware file from here or go through this GitHub.
  2. To flash it with web server code. Go inside Projects->B-U585I-IOT02A->Demonstrations->IOT_HTTP_WebServer .
  3. Inside this directory you have complete code for http web server for flash it using STM32Cube IDE, install it from here.
  4. Now double click on .cproject file it will open it in STM32Cube IDE.
  5. Build and Connect your device using st link and run it.

That's how we can flash B-U585I-IOT02A.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mohamed Aymen HZAMI
ST Employee

Hello @radeshsharma​ and welcome to the community,

You can find the demonstration example in the U5 firmeware under this path:

"STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.1.0\Projects\B-U585I-IOT02A\Demonstrations\IOT_HTTP_WebServer\EWARM"

In case you don't have the U5 firmeware package you can download it from here

Mohamed Aymen

radeshsharma
Associate II

Hello @Mohamed Aymen HZAMI​ ,

Thanks for your response, I also got to know about this after searching more on internet, but after your answer it's clear everything.

Let me repeat this for community. If any one facing issue like me or not able to run demonstration STM32U5.

STEPS TO FLASH STM32U5 FOR DEMONSTRATION OF WEB SERVER

1. You need to download STM32U5 Firmware file from here or go through this GitHub.
  2. To flash it with web server code. Go inside Projects->B-U585I-IOT02A->Demonstrations->IOT_HTTP_WebServer .
  3. Inside this directory you have complete code for http web server for flash it using STM32Cube IDE, install it from here.
  4. Now double click on .cproject file it will open it in STM32Cube IDE.
  5. Build and Connect your device using st link and run it.

That's how we can flash B-U585I-IOT02A.