cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure I3C port on NUCLEO-H503

sh.lee
Associate II

Hello.

I'm trying to make an I3C Master device using the NUCLEO-H503 board.
I am trying to implement GPIO by directly controlling, without using HAL Library.
However, I3C port uses both Open Drain and Push pull,
Is it possible to implement this function with Cube MX?
And if possible, is it necessary to modify the circuit such as external pull-up R?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @sh.lee , 

For I3C configuration you don't need to make an external Pull-up.

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi, yes I think best is to use the CubeMX. It will generate HAL code to initialize the GPIO and the I3C. If you are planning to reduce use of HAL for optimization purpose, you can write the critical communication using direct register access or HAL_LL and leave the HAL only to initialize. If you want to get rid of the HAL completely, for some reason, you can then write own code that reproduces the initialization steps to have same settings in the registers.

Just to warn you, some steps taken by the HAL, which may seem redundant, are actually there for better reliability or safety.

The GPIO will end up in "Alternate funcion" mode.

You can choose to use either internal or external pull-up. I think the internal suffice most of the time, but your application may have higher requirements.

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @sh.lee , 

For I3C configuration you don't need to make an external Pull-up.

Foued