cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure a parallel synchronous communication through the GPIO interface (using the embedded DMA IP) with cube MX

NNico.11
Associate II

Hi,

I don't find how to configure this DMA mode with CubeMx. This mode seems not mentioned in AN4031 (application note for DMA controler).

I want to implement it on a nucleo F429ZI board. I'm working with CubeMx + TrueStudio.

Best

12 REPLIES 12
NNico.11
Associate II

Now I have to connect this signal to DMA2 to trigger the frame, and configure DMA. It'll be harder than the timer. And in fact, i realise that cubeMx is not necessary the easier way to configure register.

I'll be back to you if I got problem to configure the DMA. But I first try alone reading different AN.

Best

NNico.11
Associate II

I don't find how to connect the DMA1 output to a GPIO, I supposed that is by choosing the right Alternate Function of the GPIO, but I don't find the DMA AF. In the project mentioned, they useDMA1 and PORTB MSB [15-8] with only [11-8] realy used. I don't understand how they do that.

Consequently, I'm not enable to determine all the GPIO usable as output for the DMA1 used as memory-to-gpio mode.

Can you help me?

Best

In STM32F4xx, DMA1 can't access GPIO, only DMA2 can.

> In the project mentioned

I don't know what project are you talking about, but it might've been a different STM32 family.

This has nothing to do with AF. DMA just moves data from or to GPIO, so GPIO is set as input or output respectively.

JW