cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add X-CUBE-AWS middleware package in STM cube IDE 1.14.0

Nagarajan
Associate III

I am using STM32H563-ZI nucleo board. I would like to add X-CUBE-AWS extension package with this Microcontroller. Could you please tell the procedure to integrate this with STM cube IDE?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Nagarajan 

You have to use the How to add external libraries in STM32CubeIDE - STMicroelectronics Community FAQ to understand how to add the X-Cube-AWS H5 to an IDE project.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Nagarajan 

You have to use the How to add external libraries in STM32CubeIDE - STMicroelectronics Community FAQ to understand how to add the X-Cube-AWS H5 to an IDE project.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

After downloading the X-CUBE-AWS H5 extension, I am seeing the below files. How do I find library file to add it cube IDE?

Nagarajan_2-1716289600811.png

Nagarajan
Associate III

Could i get link for AWS IOT demo programs for STM32H5?

hayat
Associate III

Try, this link

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-aws.html

Look out for version 3.0.0

@Nagarajan 

All available projects are under the folder project of your X-CUBE-AWS H5. You can follow the procedure of integration on one of them to understand how to add this package to your project

@hayat the link you shared is for STM32U5 Cube Package.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

I added aws_eth project in STM cube IDE and able to build the project. It seems like all the below supporting packages are required to run this project. How can i see the output of this project? 

Nagarajan_0-1716364317195.png

Hello @Nagarajan 

Happy that everything works fine on your side. For the project structure. You may have to check the Readme file of the Project. If your original request is answered please close the topic by selecting a "Best Answer" using the "Accept as Solution" button. 

Best Reagards.

STTwo-32

grd
ST Employee

Hi @Nagarajan ,

the best match for starting an application connecting to AWS IoT Core on STM32H563-ZI Nucleo is the X-CUBE-AWS-H5 expansion package.

Note however that:

1) only the non-TrustZone application variants can be reused, since the TrustZone applications depend on the ST Secure Manager (X-CUBE-SEC-M-H5 expansion package), which is specific to STM32H573.

2) the Nucleo board misses the external flash component of the STM32H573I-DK discovery kit. So you will have to replace the permanent storage backend of the example application (littlefs / external flash) by your own solution. Please also note that this application variant implements the OTA firmware update feature by swapping the banks of the internal flash. So the internal flash may not be the easiest choice as permanent storage backend.

Best regards,

-grd