cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how I can design external flasher for any QSPI single flash connected to STM32H750VB in memory mapped mode?

EMZ
Associate II

I'm interested ​in STM32H750VB which have great performance, all peripherals with very competitive price, but I want to extended the flash memory by connecting QSPI W25Q64FV external flash, firstly I created project using CubeMX to test the functionality of this flash with this MCU & all operations (read device ID, read/write memory contents, erase) all works perfectly up to 120MHZ clock speed, I went to the second stage, as I want the external flash to work in memory mapped mode, as I need to create external flash loader to use it to flash my application code to the external flash, I red too much all documents related to this topic, looked into all examples & I tried all of them made all necessary modification but I failed in this,

so any one can help me in this issue with detailed example or detailed application note how to create it from scratch, I'm using Keil UV 5, I want to create flasher works with Keil UV5,

My Hardware:

I created my own simple demo board which have MCU connected all pins to a normal pin headers, MCU clocked by HSE 8MHZ, & connected to single W25Q64FV quad spi flash chip as bank2.

any help will be appreciated, thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
EMZ
Associate II

0690X00000AR7xdQAD.pngIt is good idea to diagnose the code behavior by the USART, I'll inherit it in the mandatory functions & see to what will leads,

yes I'm using the same pins as you mentions see the attached pix

USART1 PA9/PA10 ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
EMZ
Associate II

​Yes my Dear,

USART1 PA9/PA10

ali_dehbidi
Senior

I have the same problem, STM32H750VB, dual Bank external flash, W25Q26 using this pin mapping

PC11,PD11,PD12,PD13,PB2,PE7,PE8,PE9,PE10,

EMZ, did you manage to solve the problem? would you please share your code for keil external flash loader.

thanks