cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Keil MDK debugger. STM32F072.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

I've reinstalled latest Keil MDK v 5.26.2 and have show-stopper issue with debugging STMF072.

When the debugger starts, it throws the following error:

Load "…………....axf"

Error while accessing a target resource.

Resource perhaps not available or a wrong access was attempted.

*** error 57: illegal address (0x08000000)

Then it shows disassembly (correctly) but won't allow to set breakpoints in source, looks like it does not load the debug info or fails to associate it with the executable.

The flash loading itself seems to work correctly (the program runs as expected).

The address 0x08000000 is, of course, legal... and disassembly shows it correctly.

Before installing 5.26.2, I had v. 5.24 and the debugger worked great, with same ST-LINKV2 dongle.

The project is same as before, just opened and rebuilt in new MDK.

However the debugger works well with my other boards with STM32F4, with same ST-LINK and cables. ST-LINK updated to version V2J31S7.

Anyone has seen this error? Please advice.

-- pa

12 REPLIES 12

I think Maurizio's problem was with the event recorder behaviour rather than DWT, did anything change on the EVR side?

Last time I tried it was here. https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkZ53SAF/printf-to-debug-viewerin-keil-on-cortex-m0

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Retarget printf with Event Recorder works well on CoterxM0 STM32F030.

Do not works statistics and Event Viewer that collest all api call to understand timing of application execution.

I have try to do the correct scatter file but still do not works debug mode and Event Recorder. I try to change size of memory in IRAM2 but map file show the code size is good as required ny application note.

Finally I trim at minimun the project and copy from Keil Arm directory some example but still no works.

I have ready my minimun keil project to share with keil support to understand what is wrong. Zip size is 6MBytes.

I will keep you update asap

Maurizio

To create good scatter file I deselect in Target-option-linker the auto mode and it create the good scatter file as mention in the keil help manual.