cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: Standalone Bootloader for STM32H747XIH6 with USB without connecting it to PC

Sumedh_SR
Associate

Hello STM32 Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on a project involving the STM32H747XIH6 microcontroller and facing challenges in creating a standalone bootloader using USB OTG FS.

Here are the details of my setup and the issues I'm encountering:

Microcontroller: STM32H747XIH6 Bootloader Objective: Standalone bootloader using only USB device and no intervention of PC

Aim: To make a single code using internal bootloader which will upgrade to new version using USB device.

Challenges:

1. I have been trying to develop a standalone bootloader for the STM32H747XIH6, but I haven't been successful to make it work with the single application memory code using internal bootloader and USB device.                   Currently I am using 2 separate code as bootloader(which programs the application memory) and Application(where the actual code is executed).
  2. I am encountering issues to integrate application code with internal bootloader code, and I suspect there might be some configuration settings or code snippets I am missing.

If anyone in the community has experience with creating a standalone bootloader for the STM32H747XIH6, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Specifically, I would like assistance with:

• Configuring the bootloader appropriately with application memory.
  • Example code snippets or projects that successfully implement a similar setup.
  • Any common pitfalls or issues to watch out for when developing such a bootloader.

I have referred to the STM32H7 reference manual and relevant documentation, but a community perspective and shared experiences would be immensely valuable.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to learning from your expertise and overcoming this challenge together.

0 REPLIES 0