cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I am trying to measure the power consumption of the STM32U575ZI microcontroller on the Nucleo-144 board but the results are much higher than expected.

AEstr.1
Associate

I am using an ammeter connected instead of the JP5 jumper, as indicated in the manual (UM2861) and tried several examples.

For example: in PWR_EnterStopMode example I see around 568uA on the ammeter.

From the datasheet I expected to measure around 100- 150uA (typical in stop 0 on 3v3 on LDO)

Why is this happening?

Am I expected to unsolder some solder bridges to measure only the MCU consumption accurately?

With other low power examples I also measured currents in the range of several 100s of uA.

Thanks

Anton

3 REPLIES 3
MM..1
Chief II

If you test with debuger config enable debug in low power modes MCU not enter STOP or other mode after programming without completely power off and on

AEstr.1
Associate

Thank you, tried to disable debug mode with HAL_DBGMCU_DisableDBGStopMode() and it worked: consumes around 130 uA in stop 0.

Do you know how to further reduce power consumption in other stop modes? Because other stop modes gave me very similar consumption.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @AEstr.1​ ,

Can you check what do you get as consumption values for the other stop modes if you use the example PWR_ModesSelection?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.