cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H745 Timer DMA Output Capture Artifact

SPetr.6
Associate II

I have a project where I need to output a precise waveform to drive some external FETs and thought this would be a good opportunity to fill a DMA buffer with CCR values and tie this to TIM2 that is configured with output capture on channel 1. Just for testing, I have the cnt period setup for 1 microsecond, but this will get changed to 1 nanosecond, I have this setup on a NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q where the user push button starts the DMA. When I start the DMA, I am getting a short pulse where after the falling edge of that pulse, the output delays for the full timer period (ARR set to 60), then I get my waveform (which in this example is 3 short pulses). I am doing all of this on the M7 core. Here is a github link to the main file and the entire source, config, etc. I attached a photo of the output from my scope. You can see there is a single pulse, followed by ~60 microseconds, and then the waveform I wanted to generate.

1 REPLY 1
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @SPetr.6​,

Try to disable the cache. Do you still see same behavior?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.