cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPRS Communication with STM32

DJ17
Associate II

Hi, I am using STM32F4 series controller or can even use any other controller series but i want to start using it for GPRS communication. How can i start using it for using Communication. Also how can i do API calling for certain strings using these controllers. 

5 REPLIES 5

Find the modem you want to use. Review the manual, likely using AT commands, create a layer using the UART to output strings, and process responses. Methods used for decades, so perhaps you can find some examples, and libraries, if you need them.

C has a reasonably broad string handling library, can you start by using those?

HAL_UART functions, capturing data with interrupts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Sure, i can work with UART but i wanted to ask like how much difference it makes when i use 4G modems instead of conventional 2G ones?

At this point, probably availability of service.

Determine what's available in your area / region, and the long term availability of that. Businesses are going to be using 4G/LTE for cellular data services, costs related to 5G service and technology likely to be prohibitive in the near term unless you have a specific application needing the bandwidth.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yeah but my question was that how much difference is there in terms with coding while working with 4G modems? Is there any as i have heard they are a little different to work with.

Download some datasheets and example code and compare G2 / G4 solutions!