cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPDMA 2D addressing problem in the NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q

smcinar
Associate

Hi ervyone,

I have a Nucleo-u575zi-q board. I started to program with this board and applied some examples within the STM32U5 Workshop.

Unfortunetly, I could not overcome to run the GPDMA 2D addressing example.

In the 2D addressing example, I configred two queues in the linkedlist. First queue is transfer the ADC samples to the buffer (data), and second queue is transfer the data to the other buffer (data2) with the 2D adressing.

My buffers (data and data2) have 10*4 sizes (uint32_t data[10]; uint32_t data2[10];).

When I configured the second queue in the 0693W00000aIN34QAG.png, buffers have same 0693W00000aINCKQA4.png contents because 2D adressing is not run.

When I configured the second queue in the 0693W00000aINCeQAO.png, again 2D adressing is not run

0693W00000aIMYiQAO.png, and mcu is locked.

linked_list.c file is in the attached.

I couldn't find where I made a mistake because the codes for the GPDMA 2D addressing example were not found in the workshop.

Best regards...

Said Mahmut ÇINAR

3 REPLIES 3
Pierre_Paris
ST Employee

Hello Said @[smcinar] ,

Thanks for your question.

Each time the current transfer ends the GPDMA automatically reload the next transfer parameters, and starts it. (without CPU intervention)

Also, I have two questions for you :

• Can you please send your entire project in a zip file ? I am gonna try on my side and I want to see the channel configuration for linked list.
  • Also, Can you explain the values of the "Destination address offset", "Block Destination Address Offset" and "repeat counter" ?

Remark: on both screenshot it's written YourNodeName2.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

smcinar
Associate

Hello Pierre, 

Thank you very much your attention. 

It is true that the nodenames (YourNodeName2) in the screenshots are the same. Here i tried to present two different configurations for same node. 

My project files are attached.

Best regards...

Pierre_Paris
ST Employee

Hello Said @smcinar​,

Unfortunately, your zip file didn't work on my side due to missing documents.

But, you will find attached a rather similar project.

Also, you can find the explanation about how to use the GPDMA here.

Does it answer your question?

Regards,

Pierre

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.