cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with the STM32L562E-DK Development Kit (2)

BMcMi.1
Associate II

Hi,

I'm trying to get familiar with the STM32L5 series of MCU's by loading and executing one of the example projects on the STM32L562E-DK Development Kit. The user manual for getting started with STM32L5, UM2656, says that there is an example project that toggles an LED on the board and that would be perfect.

I'm hoping I can learn the following:

1. What parameters should I verify and set before starting, and how to do that.
  2. What program I should use and the location of the project I should open.
  3. How to build the project to generate the machine code.
  4. How to load the machine code into the flash memory of the MCU.
  5. How to execute the program.
  6. What I should be able to observe to verify that the program is running.

Please do not refer me to any documentation or videos. I have read pages and pages of the documentation and watched videos for a week now and none of them have answered these simple questions for me.

I have the latest versions of STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeMX and STMCubeProgrammer installed and functional.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide. I'm eager to start working with these MCU's.

Regards,

Brad McMillan

1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @BMcMi.1​ ,

The answer to your questions is to refer to the examples available under STM32CubeL5 package. You need to download it from provided link or using STM32CubeMX.

This package contains several ready to use examples for this board under the path STM32Cube_FW_L5_V1.3.0\Projects\STM32L562E-DK\Examples.

The LED toggling example you look for is STM32Cube_FW_L5_V1.3.0\Projects\STM32L562E-DK\Examples\GPIO\GPIO_IOToggle.

For each example, you find a Readme.txt file. In this file, you will get the exact answers to your questions 1, 4, 5 and 6.

Even if you don't want to see more documents :), I will recommend you to have a look to some documents & links that I assume helpful in your case:

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.