cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash drive in Nucleo-F446RE

xisco
Associate III

Hello,

When I plug this board to my computer, appears a removable disk of 1,6 MB capacity.

Is this disk accessible from the MCU? For store small data, or make a datalogger

Where the filesystem is stored? Neither the STM32F446RE nor STM32F103CB of the STlink have enough capacity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's a faux MSC device to allow for drag-n-drop of binary files to flash onto the STM32F446. A bit like the UF2 loader used on Arduino/RPi Pico type boards.

The STM32F1 used for the ST-LINK provides a CDC/VCP and MSC class device, and emulates a FAT Volume for the purpose of writing into the FLASH of the Target

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It's a faux MSC device to allow for drag-n-drop of binary files to flash onto the STM32F446. A bit like the UF2 loader used on Arduino/RPi Pico type boards.

The STM32F1 used for the ST-LINK provides a CDC/VCP and MSC class device, and emulates a FAT Volume for the purpose of writing into the FLASH of the Target

liaifat85
Senior II

Sorry. Can't understand. Which specific board are you using? The appearance of a removable disk of 1.6MB capacity when you plug a board into your computer typically indicates that the board has a USB Mass Storage interface.

If you can't read and understand the question, don't answer it. The board is explicitly stated by the OP