cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external clock for STM32G031Kxxx

b.a.
Associate III

Hi there,

I am looking at STM32G031Kxxx (32pin LQFP) and am wondering whether it is possible to provide an external high speed clock source to this µC?

The datasheet shows that in this package OSC32_IN and OUT are available, but for the HSE, there is only OSC_IN.

So, a crystal cannot be used, but an external clock should be possible - if needed.

Is my assumption right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I neglected to point out that only either OSC_IN or OSC32 is available in the 32pin package. Both at the same time are not possible with this package.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Yes, your assumption is correct.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
b.a.
Associate III

Thanks!

I neglected to point out that only either OSC_IN or OSC32 is available in the 32pin package. Both at the same time are not possible with this package.

Regards

/Peter

b.a.
Associate III

yes, thank you

You're welcome!

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter