But i am always getting the following error:

358741432-eb04a6aa-870f-438a-8e8c-56816069e870.png

Eclipse Version: 2.3.900.v20220308-0310
CDT Version: 10.6.2.202205170638
Build id: 20220517-0638

4 REPLIES 4
Techn
Senior III

Try to configure debug using St-link device. If you are able to debug, you will be able to run the code 

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

My understanding is that: "local" means to run this generated code on the host platform, the PC, e.g. as a Windows program. This cannot work.

You have to create a Debug Config using the external STM32 board. Use this debug config and run the code on the MCU.

I think, the IDE is Eclipse based and it is potentially possible to create also code for the host PC, e.g. if you need a counterpart program running on the Host OS. "local" means "running at the host OS".
Check, if you have a debug config as "STM32 C/C++ Application" and select this as the 'target'

debug_local.png

I am trying to debug using st-link but it failed also , i am in the learning path of embedded systems with Automation Engineering Background ... So, i am facing a lot of challenges

Thanks for your kind reply,

yes you are right i am newbie to the embedded systems and follow an udemy course for embedded C , i am using STM32 CUBE IDE . 

I am trying to follow course syllabus but i am getting stuck when it converted from the online IDE to the CUDEIDE,   i can't run my code as local c application 

MoTechno_0-1723997485353.png

That's what confusing me .... i can't follow the learning path on the cude ide (if i am missing something?)

Sorry for those simple questions and requests but i am coming from automation world where function block and STL is the major there...