cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloadig Hex or elf file in STM32F103 based BluePill Module

joseph_lengyel_1972
Associate II

Welcome to everyone!
This question concerns the STM32F103CBT6 microcontroller , I have given a "BluePill" module equipped with this microcontroller. When I download the hex or elf file with STM Programer, it downloads nicely, no problem, But! however, it catches itself without any precedent and locks itself, and a message appears that it is only available in Reset mode, the program meter is no longer connected to the microcontroller. Could this be eliminated somehow, so that whenever I want to download something, can I do it without any problems? There should be no microcontroller "locking", etc. . Thank you very much in advance for your help Everyone!

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Beware that it is highly unlikely that a "Blue Pill" contains a genuine STM32.

@joseph_lengyel_1972 wrote:

it catches itself without any precedent and locks itself, and a message appears that it is only available in Reset mode,

Pardon?

Please post a screenshot of what you actually see.

Also what version of CubeProgrammer, what Operating System, etc

https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/how-to-write-your-question-to-maximize-your-chances-to-find-a/ta-p/575228

PS:

And are you using a genuine ST-Link, or a "clone":

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-recognize-a-genuine-st-link-v2-versus-a-cloned-one/tac-p/703663/highlight/true#M965

The operating system I use is Windows 10, but it used to do this during Window 7 professional. The STM Programmer I use is the latest version offered by the STM download site. there was an older ST-Link programmer application with it also it shop for prominence ,even after all kinds of updates. I will attach a screenshot of the little text box informing me about this microcontroller "lock". If there is a solution to this ,so that there is no download problem, which I wrote about earlier, eternal gratitude and thanks anyway !

joseph_lengyel_1972
Associate II

What I'm using  now a pendrive style STLink-2 Programmer , I think It is a "clone"  . Yes  I know exist original     STLink-2 programmer and this programmer look like white  little box with fine ST logo.  .  

@joseph_lengyel_1972 wrote:

a pendrive style STLink-2   

As shown in the link I gave, that is definitely a clone - not a genuine ST product.

The ST logo is fake.