cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not see any boot-up messages for the B-G474E-DPOW1 board having the STM32G474 microcontroller

gshet1
Associate II

Hi folks,

I hooked up the B-G474E-DPOW1 board using the micro USB cable to the USB port on my laptop. I confirmed that all the three LEDS (LED6, LED7 and LED9) turn on as expected. But when I open up a PuTTY serial console window by connecting to the right COM port, I do not see any boot up messages. Do I have to enable some settings, to see the boot up messages?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Gautam

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @gshet1 ,

Which pins are you using to boot up the message?

Could you please check the speed setting? 

May this discussion can help you Solved: Issue with terminal output at putty with simple He... - STMicroelectronics Community

I hope this help you!

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Kaouthar,

Thanks for your feedback on this matter. Please find the settings for the PuTTY serial console window in the attached PuTTY_settings.jpg file. I have also attached a snapshot of the B-G474E-DPOW1 board. I came across the below information, given in the document related to B-G474E-DPOW1 board:

By default, the B-G474E-DPOW1 boots on the STM32G474RET6 internal Flash, thanks to the nSWBOOT0
option bit set to zero. Thus, by default, the Boot procedure is completely managed by software.
But, as the PB8 pin of the STM32G474RET6 is also free for use by default, the user can choose any boot
mechanism based on the BOOT0 pin function (In that case, do not forget to set correctly the relevant option bytes
linked to booting procedure):
• Use PB8 as BOOT0 pin and fit pull-down R83, or
• Use PB8 as BOOT0 pin and add any pull-down or pull-up resistor connected to pin 21 of CN9 extension
connector.

By default, the B-G474E-DPOW1 boots from the internal Flash memory of the STM32G474RET6 microcontroller. This default behavior is controlled by the nSWBOOT0 option bit, which is set to zero. So I guess I should have seen some boot up messages by default in the PuTTY console window, which I am not seeing. Do I have to 

Best Regards,

Gautam

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @gshet1 ,

Could you please:

- Check the revision of the device you are using (check DBGMCU_IDCODE on Address: 0xE004 2000)?

- Check the default value of nSWBOOT0?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.