cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Following AN4666 (reception) for STM32G474

Brambolinie
Associate

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project where an 8 bit bus of 32 MHz is sent to a STM32G474, which has to be saved for 8kB at a time followed by that data being sent over SPI. I have got the SPI part working fine, my question is mainly regarding AN4666 (reception), as it is very close to my purpose.

I am currently just getting started in the world of STM32 and have a hard time adjusting (shifting from the Arduino IDE and Xilinx Vivado to STM32Cube) and the example code given with AN4666 is nothing like what STM32Cube generates when starting a (random) project. Is there any way to implement this in STM32Cube with this specific microcontroller? I have got GPIO PB0-7 free.

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

You can replace the files that CubeMX generates with the example code, or import the example. You should be able to run the example as-is on STM32CubeIDE without too much hassle. If you are having trouble, show the error messages and work through them. You are certainly not constrained to only running CubeMX or CubeIDE generated projects.

Opening the .project file within the SW4STM32 folder may just work as-is.

A stream of 32 MHz (which needs to be updated at 64 MHz) is likely well beyond the capabilities of the chip and DMA bandwidth. Probably 8 MHz or so is the limit. Could be wrong, but on other chips that is certainly the case.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".