cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current consumption figures between L5 and U5 family

apadom
Associate II

Dear Community,

When comparing STM32L5x2 line with STM32U5x9 line I had the surprise to read in product selector's view:

Supply Current 
Run Mode (per MHz) typical:

- For STM32L5x2:    96

- For STM32U5x9:   26

Are these numbers correct?
If yes, what can explain those differences (nearly 4x) between the two lines of MCUs?

Kind regards,
dom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @apadom 

The STM32L5x2 is a line of low power MCUs but the STM32U5x9 is line of ultra low power MCUs. That explain the difference of consumption between the 2 lines of MCUs. For more details, take a look at the datasheets of the STM32U5x9 and the STM32L5x2.

Best regards.

II

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @apadom 

The STM32L5x2 is a line of low power MCUs but the STM32U5x9 is line of ultra low power MCUs. That explain the difference of consumption between the 2 lines of MCUs. For more details, take a look at the datasheets of the STM32U5x9 and the STM32L5x2.

Best regards.

II

Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @apadom, welcome to ST Community, 

Also, take a look at AN5371, it illustrates the differences between U5 and L5 series.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks @Sarra.S and @Issamos for your answers.

I think that what puzzled me if that they were both shown as ultra-low power microcontrollers, at various places. In the end, it was hard to catch the real differences between the two lines. It's now much more clear.

Again, thank you both for your support.