cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correction Request: Internal RC Oscillator accuracy specs For STM32F4 (possibly others)

BarryWhit
Senior III

Please see this thread from 2018

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/stm32f4-hsi-accuracy-drift/td-p/360021

The poster complains that the datasheet claims 1% accuracy for the RC oscillator over full temperature range,

but other sources (such as the intro to AN4067 - Calibrating internal RC oscillators) suggest that  the 1% accuracy is at 25C only (and that this perhaps is only "typical" accuracy).

The claim still appears in in the STM32F4 datasheet when I checked today. I believe this error may has been copy-pasted to the documentation for other product lines. 

Also, there doesn't seem to be a dedicated forum label for such reports (I'm assuming "Error" is more about software issues, then "mistakes" in documentation).

(This post moved here since @STTwo-32 suggested this is the proper place to post about errors in documentation.)

- If someone's post helped resolve your issue, thank them by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please post an update with any further details.
11 REPLIES 11

I misinterpreted that figure.

JW

BarryWhit
Senior III

So you're human after all. well well. 😀

- If someone's post helped resolve your issue, thank them by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please post an update with any further details.