cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code is stuck in XSPI_WaitFlagStateUntilTimeout

Kwame
Associate II

I am currently trying to write to an external Flash via QSPI (SST26VF064B). So far I have been able to successfully configure the chip as required and I have also been able to read some configuration registers in the flash so I know I can communicate the chip. However, when I try to write or read the memory, my code gets stuck in the function XSPI_WaitFlagStateUntilTimeout and the transfer error flag in the XSPI_SR is set. The reference manual says this flag is set if an invalid address is accessed in indirect mode but I am writing to the address 0x010000 which is a valid address. How can I fix this issue?

Here is a screenshot of my read function

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 1.45.39 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kwame
Associate II

I was able to get it to work. It turns out that the size of the device specified was 64 bits so any address outside the range causes a transfer error.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Kwame ,

Could you please give more detail about the issue:

Which STM32H7 are using? Are using STM32H7S?

Is the issue encountering for memory mapped mode or indirect mode?

Could you please take a look at the errata sheet .

May be XSPI example can help you.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Kwame
Associate II

I was able to get it to work. It turns out that the size of the device specified was 64 bits so any address outside the range causes a transfer error.

Thanks for your response. I am trying to use my own drivers with the external loader project on the STM32H7R7. Is there any documentation for this? The only thing i can find is this https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/Getting_started_with_External_memory_Manager_and_External_memory_loader which uses the NOR SFDP driver.

Hi @Kwame ,

Glad to know that the issue is solved and thank you for sharing the solution.

I think you can use the STM32CubeMx solution to customize and generate the external loaders based on two Middlewares: "STM32_ExtMem_Manager" & "STM32_ExtMem_Loader" that are integrated in CubeMX in order to develop the external memory loaders using CubeMX.
This will allow you to develop your external loaders in all IDEs (Keil MDK-ARM, IAR & CubeIDE) for all the same IDEs.

You can find the template under this new package STM32CubeH7RS and used it for your product:

"STM32Cube_FW_H7RS_V1.0.0\Projects\STM32H7S78-DK\Templates\Template_XIP".

Note that this solution supports NOR, SDcard & PSRAM memories.

If you encounter any problems concerning the development of the external loader, please do not hesitate to create a new thread.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.