cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacitive touch sensors with STM32L4+ series

WPazH
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I plan to use an STM32L4R7xx MCU in a project and I want to employ capacitive touch sensors. I've read that the TSC module can assist with this, and I should only design the buttons on the PCB. However, I've also read that water and humidity can cause false detection issues in some applications, and that the best option to avoid problems with moisture and water is to use mutually capacitive touch sensors. So, is it possible to use mutually capacitive touch sensors with STM32L4+ series MCUs like the one I'm going to use?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Stassen.C
ST Employee

Hello WPazH,

The STM32L4+ or any STM32 embedding the TSC touch sensors doesn't support mutual capacitance. The TSC is not a very robust solution in terms of moisture and water resistance indeed.

Regards,
Stassen

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Stassen.C
ST Employee

Hello WPazH,

The STM32L4+ or any STM32 embedding the TSC touch sensors doesn't support mutual capacitance. The TSC is not a very robust solution in terms of moisture and water resistance indeed.

Regards,
Stassen

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

WPazH
Associate II

Hello @Stassen.C ,

Thank you for the response. I'll look for an IC that can assist me with the touchscreen sensors and the STM32L4+

Regards.